Saturday, December 17, 2011

Watch out





Jeff:         What made you think to make a watch out of paper?

Drew: My friend asked me if I wanted one, and I said, “Yes.”

Jeff:         Did you make it or did your friend make it for you?

Drew: My friend made it for me.

Jeff:         What is your friend’s name?

Drew: My friend’s name is Mousa.

Jeff:   Did you guys make the watch at recess?

Drew: No. We made it after school at lunch time.

Jeff:  Would you get in trouble if you made it during class?

Drew: Yes, we would.

Jeff: What else do kids do for fun at your school?

Drew: They make paper telephones, and they play games like hopscotch but different and a bunch of other weird games.

Jeff:  Are you liking school better these days?

Drew: No, not very much.

Jeff Do the other kids in your class like school?

Drew: I don’t know if they do or don’t.

Jeff:  What would make your class better?

Drew: If kids wouldn’t pick on me.

Jeff:  Pick on you?

Drew: Be mean to me.

Jeff:  Like what?

Drew: Like non-stop touching me.

Jeff:  Do they touch less than they did at the beginning?

Drew: Yes. Some of the kids have stopped touching me a lot, and they only do it once in a while.

3 comments:

Papa said...

It sounds like you have a friend at school, Drew. I'm glad to hear that. You have a great and wonderful challenge now, learning another language.

Janou said...

I'm glad that Mousa is your friend, Drew. Do you speak French with him? I love to hear about your school and your friends and what you are learning. Papa and I are planning to come and visit you next year. When we come, you will have to show us your favorite places in Kadiolo and take us to your waterfall, too, okay? I love you, Drew, and I am so proud of you! Janou

Sheryl said...

Very cool watch, Drew! I love that your friend made it for you. That's pretty cool.

Just you wait--one day, they'll forget all about touching you. I don't know when that day will be, but it will come.